Thursday, January 7, 2010

I will rise when He calls my name!!!! WOW! How powerful. Just knowing that when our Lord calls upon us we will rise and answer the call. When I first hear Chris Tomlin's song "I will Rise" I was in the parking lot at the park. I had just spent three days with my Dad at the hospital, being told by Doctors he was not going to live. My Mother had just passed away three and a half months before.
My first thought was my Dad will rise when God calls his name and there was nothing anyone could do to change that. Why would I want to prevent him from going to heaven? He had suffered a long time and his heart broke when he lost Mom.
After alot of crying and praying, still being selfish, I realised that this didn't just mean the only time God would call us would be to come to heaven. He calls upon us to do many things and we take this very lightly at times. He was calling me to stand in faith and continue on through the most difficult times I have ever gone through. He was calling me to rise and lean on him trusting in him and allowing him to guide me even though I did not want to go on. I still had a life to live for the Lord and he was calling on me to step up and allow him to be seen on my life.
I see the signs of age creeping up on this mortal body and it scares me how little time I have left to minister unto my family. My hands show signs of wrinkling as well as thinner appearance to my skin. I remember the first time I noticed my Mothers hands looking this was...I didn't want to believe she was getting older and her days running shorter.
Her life was filled with struggle and heart break but she stood firm on the word of God and trusted in his promises and each time she was called she rose to meat the challenge. That is what she taught me...With Christ all things are possible.
What is Christ calling you to do? Will you rise to the call while here on earth?
Seek his presence now while the day is still called today for tomorrow may never come.
Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. For the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken. ( Proverbs 3:25,26)

No comments: