Monday, May 5, 2008

Reflections

I have spent a few days digesting everything I saw, heard, and experienced this past weekend at the Extraordinary Women’s Conference. There are some moments that occur in our lives that, if we are not careful, we will allow to pass us by not recognizing there significance in our lives. I did not want this to be one of those moments.
I had been in my seat about ten or twenty minutes before I realized how many women were there and that we ad all come together for one purpose…to praise and worship God. How awesome is that? When the opening events began, so did my tears and they flowed through out most of the night.
As I stood and looked around me hundreds of women had their hands raised praising God. Tears also flowed down their cheeks. The denominational preference did not matter; there were no barriers, just women seeking a closer relationship with their Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
There was a verse that was used throughout the weekend.
Jeremiah 29:11 (King James Version)
29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
29:12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you.
29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
How awesome is it that our God thinks thoughts of peace toward us? When we fall and sin he doesn’t think evil against us but peace and love. God is promising he will bring us home. If we know him we know what to expect in the end…to go home! How wonderful that sounds! The older I get the more I long for home. My heavenly home.
I know if I seek him with all of my heart I will find him. He will not see the damaged goods of my life but he will see the beauty he created me to be.
I must step out in faith and seek him with all of my heart. I have allowed fear to lie dormant with in my heart and that fear has prevented me from showing “unleashed worship” and service for my Lord.
This weekend was about exposing that fear and standing on the promises of God. He will never forsake me nor leave me alone. I have started the journey to remove any barriers in my life that will hinder me in my unleashed worship. Let me say it will be God that removes the barriers because they are so big I can’t utter a word about them to anyone but with the Lords love and grace and my heart desiring to please him, God will tear down those barriers of fear that hinder me.
I know my expected end…Heaven. Do you know your expected end? What barriers hinder you from possessing “unleashed worship?
Dear Heavenly Father I thank you for this day and the opportunities you placed in my life to praise you and speak of your goodness. In our daily lives we allow Satan to deplete us of our self worth and break us down. So today I am asking that you replenish the hearts and should of my sister in Christ and allow them to experience unleashed worship. You are so awesome and we do not understand why you love us in the manner that you do; But I thank you for it. This world beats us down and we forget how precious we are to you. So on this day touch the hearts of my sister and allow them to feel your love and replenish them from where the world has depleted their self-worth. Thank you Dear Lord for the peace you have blessed my life with and thank you for the ever sweet love you pour out on us. Help us break down the barriers that hinder our relationship with you. Allow us to feel how special we are in your heart. Walk by our sides and place good spiritual mentors in our lives to speak your truth to us. We love you Lord, We love You. In Jesus sweet name I pray Amen.

No comments: