Thursday, May 1, 2008

A God Moment In Something Horrible

As most of you know the drought in this area has alot of farmers and horse people running scared over hay. I had stocked up early and had no worries, so I thought. We had a storm a couple weeks ago and a limb had fallen on my hay. I had taken every precaution to keep my hay covered. I tarpped it and made sure there was sufficient air flow...However this limb, ever so small, poked a small hole in my tarp, which I was unaware of.
I went to move my hay to the barn and discovered I had lost the top two ricks of my hay, about 50 - 75 bales. As I was standing on top of this black hay pilling layer by layer off to reach the good stuff and salvage what I could, I had a God moment.
I was angry at first while I was pulling all of that dirty hay off of the top of my stack. But my anger turned into peace. When we sin, even the slightest "small" sin can leave our soul open to become rotten and black. If we are not careful that one little sin becomes two, then three, then so much that we can not see who we were and how in danger we are of loosing our soul to sin.
But we have one who gave his life for that sin...Jesus Christ. He comes in with his love, mercy, and grace and even thought he is sick and frustrated with us because we allowed this sin into our lives, he carefully pulls away layer by layer of all the black sin that creeps into our soul, by means of just one "little" sin, until he sees the good and he lovingly removes us from the area where we became infested with sin and places us in a better place to keep us free from blackening our soul again.
He has removed me many of times from jobs, houses, churches, and every place he has moved me to I have became a better and stronger Christian and have been more effective at ministering to others. I have become a stronger member of His body.
So if you are facing a job loss, or a move, or even feel like you need to change Churches seek God in prayer and willfully obey him for you might just have that "small" sin in your life that will consume your soul and Jesus did not give his life so that our soul would be snatched away by Satan. But he gave his live so that through him ALL may be saved from the clutches of Satan. How many people do you know that would truly lay down their life for you??? I know of none but Jesus Christ!!!!!!
For any of you that are facing a life changing situation stop and ask the Lord what he wants you to gain from this experience so that you will grow as a Christian and be better equipped to serve him. It isn't about us but about honoring and glorifying our creator and serving him not ourselves.
What black layers are in your life that Jesus is trying to peel off?
Psalms 51:1 (King James Version)
51:1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
51:2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

I know I have some and I am so thankful that the Lord is still working on me because he sees the good that lies with in and refuses to allow me to throw my salvation away. He created me with a purpose in mind and I have to stand for Him and take the steps necessary to fulfill his will for my life. Do you know how awesome it is to know that God created you with a purpose in mind? He desires you to seek him so that he can guide you and prepare you for that job in his body that you were created to do. Do you know how excited I get when I think that God created me with love and a desire in His heart to bless me with eternal life? It is I that messes things up not God. If I would listen to him and follow his direction for my life I would be the most blessed person on this earth and so would you. We are not perfect and God knows that. That is why Jesus had to suffer to save us. But we do have the option of living by his word or allowing that "little" sin to creep in.
Thank you Dear Heavenly Father for your love and patience with me. I ask for a special blessing on anyone who decides to read this. What ever their life situation is I ask you to please be merciful with them and in your loving way guide them to where you would have them to be and remove any black sin from their life so the beauty that you created can shine through for your glory. In Jesus name I pray Amen
God loves each of you...He created you. I will keep praying for those who read this. I ask you to seek God your creator for His will for your life. Allow Jesus to clean up your soul and let that which is good shine through. LOL

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Angela,

This is a wonderful devotion and message about the Lord's truth. I guess I didn't know you were a horsey woman. I LOVE HORSES.

Wish I could own one. Beautiful new place you have here. Love you, Lynn