Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Picture for Comfort

The picture that is posted on my blog page has very special meaning to my life. This picture was taken without a flash and in the dark. The rays of light you see is from the Lord. The picture is a little fuzzy but the profound meaning of it is pure clarity.
I had lost my Mother very sudden of a massive heart attack on January 22, of 2009. Yes the grief is still great. My Father was in a nursing home doing very good. He became sick in March and was placed in the hospital. He was malnourished and dehydrated and I was angry! He was only getting what he needed when I was out there.
He recovered from this and I made sure to do at least two meals a day and one nightly visit. He was placed on a thickened liquid diet and I was making sure they did what his doctor ordered. On Easter of this year I went in to have Easter dinner with him and a nurse was trying to pour regular liquids down him...she had his head tilted back and his medicine as well as the liquid was going into his lungs.
He went to the hospital and had to be placed on a ventilate and his lungs were suctioned out. Particles of his meds were suctioned out. He spent a week in MICU then sent to Hospice house.
It was there I took this picture just hours before my Father passed away. The blue that is in the bottom of the photo we thought was a glare. As the night progresses the blue moved up to the eyes of the Angel. My Fathers eyes were blue, but in the latter days before his death they had clouded over and sunk back into his head. As the hour drew near that he would take his last breath his eyes became a sparkling brilliant blue and I knew the Lord would be taking him home soon. At 6:10 a.m. on May the 3, 2009 my Father went to be with the Lord.
Now I find myself grieving for the loss of both parents but I am not alone!
II Corinthians 12:9,10
Chris said, My grace is sufficient for the: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. (Paul said) Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10) ...for when I am week I am strong!
It is only through our weakness that others may see the grace of God lift us up and strengthen us. Alone I would have been crushed by the pain and grief but by the mercy and grace of God I am made strong to rise each morning and do the work that is required of me by the Lord.
Dear Heavenly Father if there is one reading this that is suffering great pain show your mercy and grace upon them and strengthen them. Let your perfect will shine in their lives and bring peace into their broken hearts. In Christ Jesus name Amen.
Prayers,
Angela

No comments: