Sunday, July 5, 2009

Ok...Over look my drama queen grand daughter for just a minute and look close to the things behind her. I have been trying to keep busy this year. After loosing both Mom and Dad with in three months of each other I have been lost. So I drug my husband out to an over grown weed bed in our yard, on the 4th of July, to clear it out. In the process he cuts my leg with the chainsaw...No, I am ok nothing bad. It was while I was setting under the tree resting that God spoke to me. The tree in the right of the picture was the one we were cutting the dead limbs out of so that they would not block the sun from my magnolia tree I was going to plan there.
while trying to decide which limbs needed to be removed God brought to my attention a passage of scripture. John 15:1-2 I am the true vine, and my Father the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. I was cutting off that which was dead and bore no fruit, they were useless. What he spoke to me more profoundly was some of the branches had a few green leaves on the end but when you got to the heart of that limb it was dried up and black....Oh how true that is with some who profess to be a child of God: They have the appearance of a bearing fruit but in the heart where it counts the are black and useless.
Oh how my heart sank at the thought of those that God will cut off because they will contaminate those that are trying to flourish and seek nourishment from the Lord.

How many are walking around dead with little or no fruit? Do you know how close you are to being cut off? What does your life say about what shape your hear is in?

Dear Heavenly Father, For those that read this may you move upon their hearts. If they are going through life with a cold black heart I pray your Spirit moves upon them today to bring them to a right relationship with you before you cut them off. For my readers that are productive vines may you nourish them and help all to realize that with out you we can do nothing, we are nothing. I pray if they have never accepted you as their Savior this will be the time they call upon your name for Salvation before they to are cut off. Thank you Lord for your sacrifice to save us from our sins. May you blessings be upon each and every reader. In Jesus name I pray, Amen
Prayers,
Angela

No comments: